Never pet a growling Harv dawg!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

If it ain't one damn leg, it's another.

I didn't want to admit that I have been nursing an injury for the past couple of weeks... I didn't want to raise the hopes of my Transrockies age group competitors. I stressed the obturator exturnus in my left hip. Yes - I have a pain in the ass. Fortunately Annie is also a massage therapist and has been doing trigger point treatments in the evenings. Her deep tissue work, Naprosin, and ice have been working wonders... Rest? I don't need no stinkin' rest!

And today while on a hilly, though not terribly technical ten miler, and while congratulating myself for taking it easy, I cramped in my right calf. I can run with a pain in the ass (not you Doug) but not with a damaged calf. Looks like I'll be starting my Transrockies taper a couple of weeks early.

Now, I'll wrap it with ice, elevate it, and have a cold beer... can't risk further injury at this point in the game.

1 comment:

Georgie B said...

How's the calf ? I'm embarrassed to say that I just now started to read your blog... I'm also embarassed to say that I can't spell embarrased.... but one of these 3 versions is right.

I noticed that you mentioned naprisin in one of your posts. I used to sell Aleve when it was owned and launched by Procter & Gamble. Strongly endorse it... take 2 ( Presciption dose ) as opposed to 1 as recommended on bottle.... and give it a little kick with some caffeine, really helps. Also suggest that you use the liquigel version to be kind to your stomach. Take for 10 - 12 days and you'll be jumping rope !

Looking forward to meeting you guys ... and am glad that I'm not the oldest in the race ( 55 ) anymore.

Cheers !